Monday 24 September 2012

Reading Reflection #3


Sept. 24/12

Reading Reflection #3

Halo
Alexandra Adornetto
1 – 213


First off I’d like to say, thank you very much for the recommendation of this book. I connected very well with this book and I found that I could compare the book’s main character Bethany with myself at a bit of a younger age. I first began to notice this when she first met Xavier. She felt what could only be described as love at first sight, and yet since she was very new to the human experience, being an angel and all that, she had no clue what was happening to her. I have always been a bit a romantic from a very young age and yet when I found my true love, yes I do believe in true love and love at first sight, etc, it took me hour to realize and name my feelings for the boy I met in the pool. To this day I can easily remember his deep sky-blue eyes and his dark, wet, brown hair. Though it took me many months to find this out, my love had a similar reaction and despite a couple break ups and fights we are still together to this day, two and a half years later. I hope the character in this book get to be as happy. I haven’t finished reading yet.
            I guess from the first time the two characters met I had predicted they would be together, as I said I related to that meeting. Just the way the writer spent so much time on the little details of describing Xavier help to show me that despite the fact that being with him could jeopardize Bethany’s mission and possible bring the wrath of God down on her she will do anything to be with him. So far she’s proven me right, and I don’t think she’s going back now; not that he’d let her. Anyway thanks for reading, hope you enjoy, and that I didn’t give too much away!
Desiree Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment