Monday 1 October 2012

Writing Reflection 2


Writing Reflection #2


I found the six word memoirs to be a rather easy assignment. I write a lot of poetry and I love Haiku's so I’m used to expressing myself in limited words. I guess I learned that writing only one line can make you feel that you’re leaving things unsaid. I’m rather long winded so this is very good at bugging me. I was surprised how much more complete these sentences felt once I since them with their pictures. It’s an unusually important part. I found the words came to me very easily so the pictures were my favorite part. I’m a graphic designer so I found that I had a difficult time finding the right pictures for my words. I love a challenge. I guess I’m used to my novels so writing something short for a change it pretty nice. I kind of forgot how it feels to have that almost instant gratification that short forms of poetry seem to give you when you get the words just right. My only concern I guess is with myself, I didn't realize quite how out of practice I am with particular forms of writing. As I said I've been writing novels for three years now and I find I haven’t done much else in the way of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment