Tuesday 20 November 2012

Writing Reflection #3



Writing Reflection #3

I know this is a little late. I just remembered that I had missed the class where we had started the memoirs and there for had nothing to write about for this week.
I think my memoir writing went pretty well. I chose to stay in the classroom because I find it a lot more comfortable to write in a chair the sitting in the hallway somewhere so this makes more sense for me. The class room is pretty quiet anyway. I get my best work done in quiet spaces when there’s nothing to distract me or sidetrack me; I have ADD so that isn’t very hard.
            I was neutral on this form I guess, the pros and cons balance each other out. For the pros I would say I really enjoyed the visual aspect of this form of writing, I’m a designer so it was nice to have something I’m particularly good at. As for the cons I would say it would have to be the word count. It felt very short to me since I’m normally the long winded author type with the nice long novel; six words was a little tight. Although I will admit it brought out the poet in me, something I haven’t seen in quite a while.
            I think I learnt that when necessary I can condense my writing without losing too much of the meaning. I also realized that I’m a bit to critical when it come to my photography; just a little bit of a perfectionist.
            As I said before the hardest part was condensing my writing and still making sure it had meaning. The most rewarding part on the other hand would have been seeing the pictures and the words come together so nicely. It really wasn’t until I seen that that I realized what a great writing form this is.
            As for my blogging I wouldn’t say that’s coming easily. I’ve never been very good at keeping a journal so the hardest part for me would just be finding the time to post. I guess my favorite part would be the community of it. I like the quick and easy connection to all these other talented writers. In the next while my goal is just to post more and truly personalize my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment